Chris Dittmann Racing’s Nico Varrone became the inaugural British F3 iRacing Championship winner with an impressive drive in the first of two races on Sunday 14th at Donington Park.
Varrone produced an impressive drive to pull away from his rivals in the opening race whilst the rest of the pack fought for the podium positions behind. Douglas Motorsport’s Harrison Scott or Lanan Racing’s Piers Prior could have taken the fight into race two if results went thier way, but Ulysse De Pauw claimed the second step on the podium and with that helping Varrone take the championship.
Scott finished third, ahead of independent Jake Dalton with Kieran Vernon completing the top-five and and bagging plenty of points for Chris Dittmann Racing. Prior finished seventh, just ahead of his team-mate Josh Mason.
In race two it was a frenetic start. Carlin’s 2017 F3 champion Enam Ahmed settled into a lead early on whilst a number of drivers ran off the track whilst charging through the pack casuing a bit of chaos.
Callan O’Keefe settled into second position as the race settled down, whilst Scott secure third in the race to cap another impressive performance for the Brit.
Kieran Vernon finished fourth just ahead of Varrone in fourth and fifth to seal the team’s championship for Chris Dittmann Racing.
British F3 iRacing Championship, Race 1 Round 5
- Nico Varrone Chris Dittmann Racing 15 LAPS
- Ulysse de Pauw Douglas Motorsport +5.291s
- Harrison Scott Douglas Motorsport +5.690s
- Jake Dalton Independent +6.297s
- Kieran Vernon Chris Dittmann Racing +6.801s
- Oliver Clarke Hillspeed +7.404s
British F3 iRacing Championship, Race 2, Round 5
- Enaam Ahmed Carlin 15 LAPS
- Callan O’Keefe Douglas Motorsport +1.987s
- Harrison Scott Douglas Motorsport +3.842s
- Kieran Vernon Chris Dittmann Racing +6.906s
- Nico Varrone Chris Dittmann Racing +8.191s
- Tom Gamble Fortec Motorsports +8.191s
The revised British F3 season kicks off on the 1st of August at Oulton Park